Administration, Marketing and Events Assistant
£20,000 per year
We are looking for a great all-rounder to join our team in this varied and rewarding role. You will be a highly organised individual, have strong administration and computer skills and have some experience of setting up and delivering events in a charity or corporate role.
Full of energy, drive and a can do attitude, you will have excellent communications skills with experience of using social media channels and creating engaging content. Ideally you will also have experience of website management e.g. WordPress although we can train the right person.
As we are a small and very busy charity you will be able to juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure having had some experience of working in a demanding environment.
If you are passionate about rescue, love engaging with people from all walks of life and want to make a difference to dogs’ lives then this is the role for you.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records – including preparing and issuing adoption and foster forms.
- Respond to enquiries from the public about dog rehoming.
- Update Animal Shelter Manager database with details of incoming and outgoing dogs (training will be provided).
- Develop written profiles for dogs looking for homes for ADM’s website and social media channels.
- Prepare and make up adoption packs.
- Liaise with vet practices to arrange appointments.
- Liaise with foster carers for dog updates to help them find their forever homes.
- Keep track of merchandise stock, send out orders and update products on website.
- Monitor office supplies and order new items.
Marketing / communications
- Promote dogs looking for their forever homes across ADM’s digital platforms.
- Help to manage ADM’s social media channels, generating and uploading engaging content.
- Regularly update ADM’s website with content about events, news and appeals.
- Design and develop creative collateral (training will be provided).
- Prepare and issue monthly ‘adoptiversary’ emails.
- Respond to social media comments and messages.
- Help to plan, prepare for and deliver ADM’s busy schedule of community and sporting events (some weekend working required for events).
- Experience of working in a demanding environment.
- Ability to handle emotive situations with tact, diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to identify issues and come up with effective solutions.
- Experience with the use of databases.
- Experience of delivering quality work with minimum supervision.
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks.
- Experience of positively embracing and adapting to change.
- Experience of suggesting and taking the initiative about new ways of working that have been successfully implemented.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- IT literate with good experience of MS Office and other relevant IT systems as appropriate for the role.
- Understanding of, and a commitment to the vision, mission and values of ADM.
- Experience of working in an animal welfare role
- Full clean driving license
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm and some weekend working for events
To apply, email with a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you would be the best person for the role. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
Closing date: 31st January 2020