We are currently only recruiting foster carers in North London / Essex / Herts as many of our dogs need treatment at our local vets to begin with. Please only apply to foster if you are based in these areas and thanks so much for your interest.
Can you help us with the growing demand of temporary homes needed for our dogs?
At All Dogs Matter we work hard to make our kennels as comfortable as possible, but some dogs struggle in this environment, particularly older and or unwell dogs. Therefore, foster carers are incredibly important in helping provide dogs with the extra attention and stability they need in this turbulent period of their lives. Foster homes also free up valuable kennel spaces so we can make room for more dogs in need so they aren’t at risk of euthanasia.
To be an All Dogs Matter foster carer you need to:
- Ideally have had previous experience owning a dog and be confident with handling them
- Be based in North/North West London postcodes or surrounding Essex areas
- Be at home for some of the day and not leave the dog alone for more than two hours (we can’t consider you as a foster carer if you work full time as lots of our dogs suffer with separation issues)
- Offer an adult only home or home with children aged 14+
- Have direct access to a secure private garden as many of our dogs can be nervous and need a safe space to explore by themselves
- Have your own transport – to take your foster dog to vet appointments
We will support you in your role as much as possible, including providing food and bedding if needed. If you are interested in becoming a foster carer please read through our Fostering FAQs and complete our fostering questionnaire. We will then discuss your application with you.
Please be aware that All Dogs Matter assesses dogs prior to placing them in foster homes, however their behaviour may change once in a new home environment. We will always take a dog back if there is a problem. In addition, foster carers must be prepared for a dog to be in their care from a few days up to a few weeks until we can find the right forever home for them.